Despite denials from organisers, evidence gathered inside the event shows occupied Palestinian land was being marketed
Properties from seven illegal settlements were advertised at the Great Israeli Real Estate Event on Sunday in London, days after more than 100 MPs and groups urged the UK government to ban it.
Organisers had told journalists last week that all exhibitors at the event βwithout exceptionβ would only provide information about properties for sale within the Green Line β the internationally recognised border between Israel and Palestine.
But brochures circulated at the event which Jewish Anti-Zionist Action (JAZA) shared with Declassified and others posted online show companies touting properties for sale in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.
Watch our investigation
In one pamphlet, Harry Zahev Developers advertises apartments and private homes in Kfar Eldad and Teneh Omarim, illegal settlements in the occupied West Bank near Palestinian towns and communities.
βBringing gardens and spaces where nature is your closest neighbour,β the pamphlet reads.
In another brochure, the Jerusalem Real Estate company offers the cityβs βmost sought-after Anglo neighborhoodsβ including French Hill and Ramat Eshkol, two settlement neighbourhoods in occupied east Jerusalem.Β
Neither company responded immediately to requests for comment on Monday. Declassified attempted to reach the event organisers, but could not find any contact details.
Other illegal Israel settlements featured in the promotional materials which JAZA collected include the West Bank settlements of Maβale Adumim and Givat Zeβev, and Givat Hamatos, a settlement currently under construction in East Jerusalem.
βThrough these pamphlets and information we collected on the inside, we can prove that this event was selling properties in the occupied West Bank,β said Guy Zilberman, a JAZA activist who gained entry to the exhibition.
βCrazy timesβ
Zilberman described his experience at the real estate show. βAfter passing through security, I was given a free tote bag and a booklet advertising the different real estate companies present at the fair that day,β he said.
At the stall for one developer, he said he was told the company had βproperties they were selling in βJudea and Samariaβ that he thought would be perfect for meβ.
The company representative βhad all the booklets and papers for it but couldnβt get them out because the police had said in order for the event to go ahead they couldnβt advertise properties illegal under international law,β Zilberman said.
The man then told him these were βcrazy times we live inβ and asked for Zilbermanβs contact details so he could follow up after the event.Β
He visited another stall and said he was given a leaflet advertising properties in Maβale Adumim, which is an illegal West Bank settlement.Β
After about an hour inside, Zilberman disrupted the event, calling for βsanctions nowβ and saying βdonβt stealβ in Hebrew.
βAfter disrupting the event, I was pulled out by my neck by security,β Zilberman said.
He noted that the Board of Deputies had said that the event was βan excuse to harass and intimidate members of the Jewish communityβ.Β
βI would invite the Board of Deputies to look at the documents here that clearly depict in writing that these properties in illegally occupied territoriesβ¦have been advertised at this event,β he said.
The Board of Deputies did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Monday.
βEmpty wordsβ
The revelation that properties from illegal settlements were advertised at the event will bring pressure on the foreign secretary who promised last week to pursue βany cases where there are breaches of UK lawβ when pressed about the event.
Several civil society groups had also called on the Metropolitan Police to investigate the show.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan said on Friday that he had discussed the event directly with the force and had been βinformed that any allegations of criminality related to the unlawful sale of property at the event would be assessed by the Met with a view to investigationβ.
Declassified has shared the promotional materials with the Foreign Office, which did not respond when asked to comment, and the Met Police which declined to comment specifically on the matter.
Instead, a Counter Terrorism Policing spokesperson told Declassified that it has received around 240 referrals related to the Israel-Hamas conflict since 7 October 2023.Β
Declassified understands one of the referrals relates to the real estate event.
βWe will not be commenting on the specific nature of each and every referral. As is the case with all referrals, they are assessed by specialist officers to determine whether any UK-based investigation may be required,β the spokesperson said.
βEach and every referral made to the War Crimes Team is reviewed in line with War Crimes/Crimes Against Humanity Referral Guidelines, jointly agreed by police and the Crown Prosecution Service.
They added: βAt this time, there is no UK-based investigation into any matters relating to this particular conflict.β
Jeanine Hourani, an organiser with the Palestinian Youth Movement, which protested outside the event, said: βIn the last week, Foreign Secretary Yvette Cooper claimed to be acting against settler violence by preventing British businesses from conducting economic or financial activities with Israeli settlements in the West Bank.Β
βIn response to the βGreat Israeli Real Estate Eventβ, she claimed to be βpursuing that particular eventβ. But these are empty words given her failure to take action.β



